Bierhanzl Beeswax

A place for the family tree to know all its' branches....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

2,365 Miles


Josh and I are getting ready for our trip to NY. We leave in a couple days and our first stop will be off the coast of Virginia to visit my Dad. After that we will continue north until we get to Mom's house. We will be there from the 8th through the 11th and then continue on to Ithaca. After a day or two in Ithaca we will drive a little further north to Caledonia, Josh's home town. Josh helped coordinate a 10-year highschool reunion for his class mates. I think he had a graduating class of about 42 people. I think a good bunch still live close by so hopefully lots of Josh's old pals will make it. He created a Blog in honor of this endevor and it's really funny even if you don't know any of the people. I am definitely a little nervous about the idea of going to a highschool reunion. Somewhare around a 5 on the anxiety scale. If it were my high school reunion it would be more like a 9.9. Fortunately no sign of my reunion in sight and this would have been the 10 year mark. Anyway, Josh and I discussed how funny it would be if we rented a fancy car to go to his reunion in. I'm thinking there are a few things that you should NOT do at a reunion. Arrive in a rented/borrowed car, drink too much (I'm sure there is a very fine line here), or bring up any "you kissed my girlfriend in 11th grade" garbage. Well, Josh and I are already violating rule numero uno. We HAVE to rent a car because we can't rely on the old VW to take us that far. It definately makes me feel better that our rented car will be more of the nondescript Dodge Stratus variety. But still!
I hope everyone is have a wonderful summer. I will be back to post pictures after our tirp.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Mj- I did check out a bit of the blog, and it is soo silly.... Josh is sooo silly.... Oh-and I love the pic of you guys with Harper under the big B! I can't wait to see you, I'm working on getting one of those days off, haven't heard any thing back yet- I'll keep you posted.

July 05, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 05, 2006 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home