Bierhanzl Beeswax

A place for the family tree to know all its' branches....

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Greetings from Michigan

Hey everyone, sorry it's taken awhile to post. John and I have been pretty busy lately. We just celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday, which was also the third anniversary of our engagement. I've got John home for a bit, then he leaves Sunday for a brief tour with his free jazz band, Graveyards. Then, in June, he's off to Australia with Wolf Eyes for 10 days. I've posted a video of Wolf Eyes playing at a festival in Austria, via youtube.com. (John is the guy on the left.) There are more videos of them on that site, but be warned, their music isn't for everyone!



We're still busy with our band, Dead Machines, releasing about an album a month! We're playing a festival in Seattle in September and are planning on a brief tour of Belgium and France in January.
Click here for a review and sound clips of our latest LP, "Dead End on Olson St."
We've also been working on our podcast, Inside Inzane Studios and our label American Tapes.

Work has been great; I'm still working at NOISE, a weekly in Lansing. I'm a copy editor, which means I do pretty much everything you can imagine - edit articles, write headlines, write articles, design layouts, prepare articles for the Internet, etc. We have a really tight-knit staff that works well together, so it's a fun job.

We've still got three cats - Lula, Tex and Daisy. Here's a photo of them comforting me recently when I was ill. And a photo of the Olsons.

Well, I've gotta jet. I love reading about what's going on with everyone. You all look amazing! I can't wait to have babies of my own!
Lots of love,
Tovah

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

wow, this makes ozzy sound like soft rock. I bet he's slaying them in europe. and I'm die
ing to hear graveyard, no seriously what sounds better than free jazz? love your pics, sound like you got a real cool life there kiddo.

May 23, 2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Sooo very wow. Tovah, your life sounds so amazing, and you and John look oh so happy and dashing in that photo. Thanks for all the clips, your music is definatly unlike any I've heard, seems like you are pretty good at what you choose to create. Who does your album covers? Could it be you? Oh, and great cats!

May 23, 2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger MaryJo said...

Wow, Tovah that is all amazing. What a great update. I love links!! I took a few minutes clicking around and listening to stuff. I have lots of questions which I'll get to eventually but for now I just wanted to say how beautiful and happy you look and how much I enjoyed reading up on all of the many things you are up to. You guys must be soooo busy. Hey, that's three wows in a row.

May 25, 2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home